When you are in grads school, it is not uncommon for you to find yourself working on your desktop computer writing papers even until dawn. You would need to study, provide top-notch papers to your professors, and you need to be an expert when it comes to time management. However, as time goes by, you would notice that finding a good laptop can be of much help but looking for the best laptop for grad school can be a challenge.
Here are the FEATURES that you need to look for in a grad school laptop.
- Lightweight Form. You wouldn’t need a bulky and heavy laptop. If you need to carry this around with you, then it needs to be lightweight. It would be easier for you to transfer from one class to another if the weight will not be a problem for you.
- Recording Capabilities. Recording your lectures would be easier, especially if you need to study for an exam. You need to make sure that your laptop has a very good mic that can pick-up what your professor is lecturing the class about which you can use when you want to review later on.
- Microsoft Office. This is a must-have for students. Not every new laptop has this new program but sooner or later, you will realize that this is a good investment.
- Touchscreen Display. This is the best feature if you do not have all the time in the world to close tabs, open programs, and so on. The touchscreen displays are very convenient compared to using a mouse.
- Convertible Body. A laptop that has a convertible body would be easier to use if you will be using this to take notes easily using your fingers or a stylus. These convertible laptops will let you fold it up so that it can become a tablet, a screen that has a stand, or maybe a traditional notebook.
- Gaming Options. Grad school will be stressful, there’s no doubt about that! More work with no play will not be fun at all. You may not have the time to go out frequently, but if you have something at home that can entertain you, then it would be a plus.
Asus Vivobook, The No. 1 Choice For Grad School
The Asus Vivobook F510UA is an all-purpose laptop and also an ultrabook with a very responsive trackpad. If you want to watch movies, this is the best choice for you because of its full HD display. This is a 15.6 laptop with a 1920×1080 screen quality. CPU is Intel Core i5-8250U with an 8GB RAM. Storage is 1TB and the battery life can last for 4 to 5 hours.
You need to know the features that you have to consider in order for you to find the best laptop that would suit your needs. There might be hundreds of options for you to choose from, but this guide will help you sort through your options until you find the best choice for you.